Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Eleven Months Today


Pierre Funeral Home has a service you can sign up for to help you through the grieving process. They call them "Daily Email Affirmations".  Following is the one I got recently. I think it's quite appropriate, particularly for me ... I hate roller coasters.
___________________________________________

Are You on the Roller Coaster? - Day #329

I don't know about you, but I don't like roller coasters. I don't like the loss of personal control; of being taken for a perilous and frightening ride. I don't like that feeling in my stomach when the car plummets downward; or the anxiety felt when it climbs to another summit, only to plunge once again into the unknown. Fear is the overriding emotion for me during the eternity of a roller coaster experience.

What a great metaphor for grieving. Your emotions can hit hard, and at unexpected moments, which makes the impact seem even harder to bear. Being aware of the unpredictable nature of your emotions will help you stand firm during each new barrage.

Bette Davis says in the film All about Eve, "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night!" And to that I say ... "Strap in tight. This is a wild ride, but it will end."
___________________________________________

Quotation for the Day
Nobody ever told me that grief felt so like fear. ~ C.S. Lewis
___________________________________________

(c) 2019 Daily Email Affirmations is a product of Grief Connections & Pierre Funeral Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment