Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, February 1, 2013

It's Cold!!!

It's no secret among those who know me that I am NOT a fan of cold weather.  Once it gets cold ... and by cold, I mean below 70ยบ!) ... my nose starts running.  I live far enough south that we don't get a lot of really, really cold days, but today the wind chill is zero ... and that makes me very unhappy.

I work inside, sit near a heater, and wear long underwear under my clothes.  When I have to go outside, I resemble Ralphie's kid brother Randy (in A Christmas Story) when his mother got him "winterized" for his walk to school ... remember that scene ... "I can't put my arms down!"

When I come home, I don't leave again unless it's absolutely necessary.  If it weren't for the kids, I'd never go to the grocery ... I'd eat salt and flour if it meant I didn't have to leave the house!

I should have been a bear.  I'd hibernate on time with no complaining and I give you my word ... I wouldn't emerge until it warmed up.  I would have made a very good bear.  A very good bear, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment