Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Can you see little hearts floating out of me?

Last evening, I took my Blackberry back and purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4. Before the purchase, I checked to make sure I could do all of the things on the device itself that my old Blackberry Torch could do ... and that my new Blackberry Z10 could not do. It did.

As an Android-based phone, I was under the assumption that I would have to sync it to an online Google calendar. Something I didn't want to do, but had nevertheless resigned myself to having to do. Still, I needed to get my data out of my pc Outlook client and onto a Google client. As I looked around online for a solution, I discovered ... to my sweet and utter delight ... that my new phone CAN sync directly to Outlook on my pc!

I was sooooooooooo happy!

After the tears of joy subsided, I downloaded the programs, configured them, and set about syncing all of my contacts and calendar items to my phone. I have a LOT of data on my calendar, so it took a while to accomplish ... but it worked!!! The only thing left to do was sync my Outlook Memo's to Evernote.  (Note: Evernote appears to be available for every platform except Blackberry.)

It was after midnight before the calendar finished syncing, and my alarm was set for 4:15, so I had to get to bed and get some sleep. However, I do have the Evernote/Outlook Add-in downloaded. I'll install that on my pc this evening, transfer my notes, and then sit back and relax ... finally!

My contacts are synced, each with a category specific ringtone, my calendar is synced all the way back to 2003, and I was able to customize the device and download apps I had wanted but were unavailable to me on my Blackberry! Tonight I will have my memo's at the tip of my fingers, and ... once again ... all will be right with the world :)

I had that horrid Blackberry for almost a week and failed to find anything I was satisfied with on their much-anticipated new operating system. After only a few hours with my Galaxy, I was as giddy as a teenager dating the coolest guy in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment