Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The National Anthem


Last weekend my daughter and I went to the air show at the riverfront. I used to take the kids to the air shows when they were little, and they are now hooked on them! Before the show began, the announcer asked everyone to rise for the National Anthem.

As I stood beside my daughter, both of us holding our hand over our hearts, I looked around and noticed nearly everyone I could see was doing the same.

It made me proud.

For as long as I can remember, I have gotten choked up and fight back tears when The Star Spangled Banner is played. That song means something to me. I can't explain why I get so teary-eyed, but it moves me, deep inside. I guess I just love America  ... with every fiber of my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment