Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Naked Ladies


A few years ago a co-worker bought his first home. Whoever had lived there before was an avid gardener, and he had new flowers and plants popping up all the time. He'd never gardened before and had no idea what most of these plants and flowers were, so he'd take a picture and show them to me. One time he brought in a picture of Belladonna Lilies. At the time, I didn't know their "scientific" name, I just knew them by their common name ... Naked Ladies.

We were still talking about these and other flowers in his yard when our boss came up and asked what we were talking about. I said, "Oh, we're just talking about all the Naked Ladies in his yard!"

Her eyes popped out of her head and her mouth fell open. Luckily, we were able to show her a picture before she had a chance to usher us into her office and fire us!

I only have a few Naked Ladies in my yard, but I'd love to plant more. I think they would look perfect in the above flower bed between the house and the hostas and lambs ear. Every fall I say I'm going to plant spring flowers, and every autumn has passed without me so much as buying the first bulb. This fall, however, I vow to plant to plant spring bulbs ... and a row of Naked Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment