Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Wild Turkeys

(Click on the image to enlarge)
While on our trip a few weeks ago, we spied a rafter of wild turkeys as we descended the mountain to go on another adventure. I didn't get my camera out quickly enough to capture the whole gang, but this one waited patiently by the side of the road for me take her picture before slipping into the woods with her camera-shy companions ... or maybe she's just vain and fancies herself as the photogenic one. I guess she could be famous in these parts and wanted to give her fans a photo-op! (haha!) I wish I would have gotten a picture of all of them. It was quite a sight ... there were a couple dozen of them!

Hunting wild turkey is only permissible for a short window in March and April, so I guess if you want to serve a wild turkey you caught yourself for Thanksgiving, you're going to have to prepare well in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment