Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, January 9, 2015

It's so clear, you can see the mountains!


Just to clarify, there are no mountains around here, but sometimes when the clouds are low, it kind of looks like mountains.

When Thing 1 was in middle school, I picked up her best friend on the way to school. One morning, the clouds were low and I told her friend, "Look! It's so clear you can see the mountains today!" She looked up and got all excited. "Yeah, you can see them!"

A moment later she said "I didn't know we had mountains around here." I told her we didn't ... that those were clouds. We had a good laugh ... at her expense. We still tease her about it ... and I will post a pic on her Facebook page today to let her know I haven't forgotten! It does kind of look like mountains, don't you think?







1 comment:

  1. Yes it kinda does
    Never forget when as a kid riding in the car. I asked why was all that water on the road
    Everyone laughed at me
    I had just seen my first mirage

    ReplyDelete