Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Thursday, March 19, 2015

I Caved

Thing 2 pestered me relentlessly about letting her have her Easter basket early. I got her an insulated lunch purse, filled with her favorite candy, of course. She had a feeling I had bought the lunch tote for her and wanted it to pack her lunch for work.

I told her no ... she wasn't getting her Easter present early.

She came upstairs and told me she had cooked and packaged scrambled eggs and sausage for me for breakfast the next day.

I told her that was lovely, but no ... she wasn't getting her Easter present early.

She came upstairs and told me she had made chicken and rice for me to take for lunch the next day.

I told her that, too, was lovely, but no ... she wasn't getting her Easter present early.

She came back upstairs, pleading silently with big, puppy-dog eyes. I told her to go play with her cat. Defeated, she left to go find the sleeping (surprise, surprise) feline on her bed ... lying next to her Easter present.

It's only a few weeks early, and it's not like it's a crime to give a present early, right? Besides, that silly lunch tote made her so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment