Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Today is National PB&J Day

Photo courtesy of
couplescostumes.com
I eat peanut butter sandwiches all the time ... spread so think you could read through it ... but I eat it because it's fast and easy, not because I particularly like it. I don't hate peanut butter, I just don't love it. If someone told me I could never have peanut butter ever again, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

When I was growing up, my mother would make us kids pb&j sandwiches. She was always heavy on the peanut butter, light on the jelly. Actually, I prefer it the other way around!

On the news this morning, the anchor said 60% of Americans prefer smooth peanut butter, while 40% prefer chunky. That really surprised me! I figured it would be closer to 97% smooth/3% chunky! If I want peanut butter, I'll eat peanut butter. If I want peanuts, I'll eat peanuts. As strange as it sounds, I don't want peanuts in my peanut butter!

Honestly, I truly hope I'm never so hungry that chunky peanut butter sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment