Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I delivered most of my St. Patrick Day "gifts" after work last night. It's nothing spectacular ... just shamrock-shaped cookies. It's a small, inexpensive token to let my kids, Superman and his kids/grandkids, and my best friend know I'm thinking of them. And, it's tradition!

When the kids were little, I'd make green scrambled eggs (no ham) and green milk for dinner. My kids put ketchup on their scrambled eggs. Green eggs with red ketchup doesn't look very appetizing, but it tastes the same as yellow eggs and ketchup. Besides, oddly colored food tickles kids!

I have one St. Patrick's Day package left, which I'll deliver it when I pick up my little grandson after work. Even though the people who get these know they're coming, it's nice to see them smile or get a sweet thank-you text when they discover them. It really is better to give than to receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment