Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Someone Has Discovered the Power of Arms


Within the last month, my little grandson has discovered that if he wants to be held, all he has to do is look at you and raise his arms. He's so darn cute it's impossible not to pick him up!

W is a lot like his daddy. Thing 3 was a good baby, mostly happy and content, but he was a Mama's boy and he wanted to me to hold him ... a lot! Unless I was doing something that I couldn't safely do while holding a little one, I would happily pick him up and hold him. Being a boy, there were times he was too busy to be held, and I knew the day would come when he no longer wanted me to pick him up and hold him, so when he wanted held, I picked him up and treasured it.

Now it's little W's turn to reach for me and ask to be held, and I never hesitate for even a second. I will gladly stop what I'm doing to hold that sweet baby anytime he wants ... and I'll savor every moment of that fat baby sitting on my hip and holding onto me with his chubby hands.

It won't be long before he's crawling and then he'll be too busy to sit in grandma's arms, so when he wants me to hold him, I'll snatch him up and pull him close ... every ... single ... time.

No comments:

Post a Comment