Here is what I know about football:
- The quarterback either throws or catches the ball.
- There is a position called a tight end.
- When you get the ball, you get four downs. If you go ten yards on your first down, you get another one.
- You get six points for a touchdown and one point for kicking it through the goal posts.
- There are four quarters.
- And, lastly, the last 45 seconds of the game lasts about an hour and a half!
"Au contraire!" I told him. "Someone "that stupid" is standing right here!"
If he thought I was stupid because I know so little about about football, I guess it's a good thing we weren't watching rugby. My complete knowledge of rugby is as follows:
- They can use their hands and their feet to move the ball.
- They wear shorts. That's it.
For the record, I have no problem being smarter than someone, and I have never played dumb to make a boy/man feel smart ... on any subject. I don't consider knowing lot about sports to be a sign of intelligence, so no one can make me feel stupid for not knowing something about it. To me, knowledge about sports is trivia, akin to "Did the groundhog see his shadow in 2013?"
The moral of the story fella's, is when a girl asks questions about sports, she's not necessarily flirting! Chances are, as in my case, she's asking because she wants to know the answer. However, if she's giggling and twirling her hair, she's playing you. Good news for you though ... if she's stupid enough to play dumb for you, you've got a pretty good shot at going home with her after the game!
A couple of years back, Thing 2 and a friend (a girl) were watching rugby when I got home from work. I looked at her, in all sincerity, and asked, "Why are you watching sports if no one is making you?!!!"
She replied, "We like rugby!"
Completely baffled, I looked at them and I said, "Oh, uh, um ... okay."