Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Sunday, September 18, 2016

One Year Ago Today ...

One year ago today,  after a ridiculously long wait between making an offer and closing on the house, I finally had the keys to my new home in my grubby little paw. (You can read about that here.) I only needed those keys for a day  ... I had electronic locks installed the next day ... but it sure felt good to finally get them!

Before purchasing this house, I had been casually looking for a smaller home for a couple of years. It was time to downsize, but I was having a hard time finding a home I liked well enough to leave my beautiful, century-old Victorian. I was thrilled when I found this one, and I made an offer hours after I toured it.

Out of habit, and because I love to look at homes and decor, I've continued to look at houses online, both in my price range and way above it. A year later, I have yet to see a home I like better than this one. Buying this house was the right decision. I love living here. When I leave to go someplace, I always look at the house before I drive off and think "I love you, house ... I'll be back soon!", and when I return, I think to myself "I love you, house ... I missed you!".

This summer, I planted a red honeysuckle vine against the side fence. Once it takes hold, it grows like crazy. In just a few years, the fence and the trees surrounding it will be covered in red honeysuckle ... and attracting hummingbirds by the score.

I love daydreaming about my grandkids playing in the yard and flying through the woods. This is the house my grandkids will remember as "Grandma's house".

No comments:

Post a Comment