Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, May 4, 2018

I Finally Have the Lights Up

I love the look of lights making a canopy over a patio, and have wanted to hang them over mine since I moved here. The problem was, however, that I didn't have anything to anchor the lights on one corner. Also a factor to consider, I have two different roof heights to contend with.

After some brainstorming, I bought a big urn, a Shepherd's hook, and a bag of sakrete. It took a few hours of stringing lights, unstringing, then stringing them again (and again ... and then again) to get them just right ... add a candle to the Shepherd's hook ... and ... problem solved!

At the moment, I have an extension cord running from the lights to the garage, and it's orange. I'll have to have electricity put closer, and I will definitely not use an orange cord to connect them! Also, flowers are hogging the chairs and table, so the patio is a little less than aesthetically pleasing at the moment, but once I get them in the window boxes, I can get the cushions out and re-position the furniture. There's enough room at the top of the urn for flowers, which I have not bought or planted, but other than that, I declare it done (for now!).

I took a few pictures last night. None of them capture how pretty it really is, but this is the best I could do.

From underneath ...

From the kitchen window ...

From the back door ...

From the end and side ...

And finally, the rig that made it all possible ...

1 comment: