Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I Set the Edging Stone and Mulch ... Finally!

I picked up twenty more bags of mulch and my edging stone Friday. I laid the stones Saturday morning before I picked up my grandbabies, and I was very pleased with the results. On Sunday, I pulled up the red spider lily and the lambs ear that was between the hosta's. I don't know why that one plant is called a red spider lily ... it never flowers and it dies in late spring.

So, my patio and side garden beds are finished ... until I decide what I want to plant in the patio garden!

The following photo was taken before I moved into this house ...


Last summer I removed the grass by the patio and covered it in black plastic. I mulched it a few weeks ago. (Note the addition of window boxes, screen door, and the doors have been painted.)


Below the side bed with the lambs ear.


And here's the (almost) finished project ...








1 comment: