Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Finally!


I finally got the wrought iron mirror and sconces hung over the sofa in the living room. I've been anxious to get them hung and declare that room "finished" ... and now I can! The only project left is to hang one more thing in the hallway, then I will be 100% done decorating.

Good ... because now that spring is just around the corner, I can concentrate my efforts outside. I can't wait to get to work landscaping. Unlike my initial efforts at my previous home, I will plant nothing but perennials. When I began landscaping my last house, it was the first time I had done anything other than buying pots and planting annuals. I didn't have a plan when I started and I didn't pay close attention to what I planted. Consequently, I spent a lot of money that I wouldn't have had to spend if I had known what I was doing!

This time, I will pick out plants with more thought and I will have a plan before I start. I'm anxious to get outside and start working in the yard ... but mostly, I just anxious to see the world filled with color again, to feel the sun on my skin, to open the windows and enjoy the warm, fresh breezes of spring ... and to see what color all my dogwoods are!

No comments:

Post a Comment