Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Saturday, February 27, 2016

This is Sad


Above is a screenshot taken of a tweet from a local "watch" account that posts 911 dispatches to police, fire, and medical personnel. It's particularly informative when there is an accident, as you know to avoid that area.

This tweet is one of the most heartless things I've ever read. If this man were begging customers for money or looking into their cars as if he's looking for something to steal, I could understand them wanting him to leave, but by their own admission, he wasn't doing anything wrong. It's bad enough that he has no home ... now he's not even welcome in their parking lot? Have they no compassion?

Homelessness makes most people uncomfortable, myself included. It's kind of like, "There but for the grace of God go I". There are a lot of reasons someone is homeless. Some are drug addicts or alcoholics. Some just got out of prison or jail. And some just had a string of really bad luck and don't know how to crawl out of the hole they've fallen in. Until you know why someone is in the situation they are in, it's unfair to judge someone for their circumstances in life.

This man's plight, regardless of why, breaks my heart. And whoever called 911 to have him removed from their premises, in my opinion, is just plain cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment