Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Saturday, July 9, 2016

I Had to Buy a New Coffee Table

A couple of years ago I found an old trunk that I adored. When I moved into this house, I had a piece of glass made for the top and used it as the coffee table. I love the way it looked, but it had a few places on it where the metal was bent out and possibly "dangerous", but a baby would find every one of them. (Note: To date, no one has ever been injured by this trunk!)


When my little grandson was over the other day, he started to pull up on the chest. When I yelled his name and said "No!", he looked at me like I'd slapped him ... and it broke my heart!

I found another table that works with the room, and has a bottom shelf for baskets, which I filled with toys. My kids like this table better, Even though the new table is pretty and it looks nice, I prefer the old chest ... but I never again want to have to "yell" at my grandbabies for doing what babies do. So, this is my coffee table ... until my kids are done having babies!




No comments:

Post a Comment