Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Thursday, July 7, 2016

I Spy With My Little Eye



Two deer resting ... right outside my bedroom window! (Click on the photo to enlarge.) I've seen deer before (everyone has), but these two wandered into the woods right outside my window, just on the other side of the fence ... and stayed for hours!

First, it was just one deer ...



She ate for a  while, then laid down. Before long, another joined her. The first deer stood up and started grazing again while the second deer ate leaves from the trees.


And before long, they were both resting. The first deer moved over here (click on the picture to enlarge it) ...


and the second deer laid down here (click on the picture to enlarge it) ... exactly where the first deer had been ...


I know deer are everywhere and aren't all that exciting, but this is the first time I've ever witnessed them "in the wild", doing their thing, unaware that they were being watched. As I went about my day, I kept going back to the window to see if they were still there. They stayed for several hours. until a neighbor set off fireworks and spooked them.

I've seen a lot of deer here before, but these were the first two that lingered. I thought it was pretty cool! Yes, I know ... my city-girl is showing!

No comments:

Post a Comment