Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, July 15, 2016

Refrigerator Letter Magnets


The other day,  a vendor at a trade show offered me keys taken off keyboards from damaged computers, and I accepted. Thing 1 has Scrabble tiles with magnets on the back on her refrigerator, and Thing 2 regularly spells out messages when she visits her sister. I figured Thing 1 would love to have more letters. I started to walk away with my treasure, and then I thought of Thing 2 and could hear her saying, "I want some!", so I asked for another baggie. I didn't get a baggie for Thing 3. While he would have fun spelling things out on the fridge, I can't imagine him gluing magnets to the back of each tile ... and I'm sure not going to do it!

When I got home, I laid out the tiles in columns by letter, then divided them equally between my girls. It took a while, and it was pretty boring, but I didn't want someone to end up with mostly X, Q, V, Z, and no vowels. As a mother, I have to be fair. I told my girls about the letters and they were thrilled. Sometimes, my kids can be pretty easy to please!

No comments:

Post a Comment