Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Monday, February 5, 2018

Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks for the Week


I almost always bring my lunch during the winter because I'd rather starve than go out in the cold, and I almost always fix them the night before. This week, however, I decided to tackle it in one day. It's nice to have that chore out of the way!

This week I'm having greek yogurt with cottage cheese and a cup of blueberries for breakfast. I only prepared four because I left one in the fridge at work Friday (because that's also what I've eaten for breakfast almost every day for years!). Lunch is a southwestern salad of dark greens, spinach, black beans, cherry tomatoes, green onions, and ginger/turmeric chicken ... topped with a homemade avocado dressing. I made an extra one and had it for lunch yesterday, and it was delicious!

For snacks, I made delicious, super-moist, very healthy pumpkin muffins. To round things off, I'll throw in a oranges, bananas, lemon fiber brownies, a protein bars, and oatmeal-raisin granola bars (because I've only got one protien bar on hand). I'll eat the snacks throughout the day, saving some for before and after I hit the gym. A green and red smoothie (that looks disgusting but tastes amazing) and a protein shake (that tastes like a decadent milk shake), my beloved lemon/ginger/honey tea (instead of coffee), and a packet of Emergen-C Vitamin C Immune Booster (added to water at work) round out the daily offerings.

Yum!

If I get bored eating the same thing everyday, I'll just suffer through and shake it up some next week. I can't imagine being hungry for dinner if I eat all of this food each day, so I didn't bother prepping dinner for the week. If I find myself hungry after work, I'll whip up a quick omelet, and I'll plan accordingly in the future.








1 comment:

  1. Those salads and the dressing were amazing! Please make my lunches!!

    ReplyDelete