Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

My To-Do List Just Got Longer


Projects 1, hanging the ceiling fan in my bedroom, and Project 2, stripping, staining and varnishing the wooden chairs for my grandbabies has been on my list for months ... but Project 3, an outdoor shed, and Project 4, a swingset for the babies, just arrived this week.

I can tackle Project 1 anytime, but Projects 2, 3, and 4 will have to wait until the weather warms up ... and Projects 3 and 4 will require help. I also will need help creating a play area with landscape timbers and truckloads of mulch. Any guesses on who I'm going to recruit?!

Before I make the play area, however, I've got to remove the stumps from all of the tress I cut down last year. I don't want to hire a stump grinder because that's expensive and most of the stumps are relatively small ... some are likely too small to use a stump grinder on anyway! But, I've done some researching and know how I can do it myself.

Luckily, I don't mind having a long to-do list. In fact, I prefer it. Every time I finish a big project, I'm thrilled and happy and proud ... but worried if I don't have another big project lined up. I need to have something to do. I have a hard time just sitting and watching tv. Even when I do, I'll have my ipad reading the news, I'll be tweaking my to-do list, and/or making a grocery list. I need to be doing something .... even something as mundane as cleaning out closets and drawers, mopping and sweeping, or making lists. Rather than filling me with dread, big projects excite me!

Until it warms up, I can't start the really big projects ... I'll just have to continue standing at my kitchen window, looking out into my backyard mournfully with anxious anticipation ... chomping at the bit for the weather to turn pretty enough to allow me the opportunity to get to work.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until it gets all set up outside! The babies are going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete