Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Monday, September 30, 2013

Princess Consuela Bananahammock


Funny story, too ... the author portal on the Kobo website is not as easy to navigate as other book outlets. After I uploaded the required files, filled in many screens of information on the books and myself, it told me it would be 24-72 hours before the books were available on their website. No problem!

The next day I checked and didn't see any of the files I had uploaded. So, I uploaded them both again, only to realize I had to click someplace else to see them ... why I have no idea, because it's the only time I had to click someplace else to see them!

So, I tried to delete the duplicate entries. It wouldn't let me. So, I removed the cover image from one and put a picture of my son wearing a pair of moccasins he (me!) made when he was in 6th grade, and on the other I uploaded a  picture of my daughter (from her neck to her knees) modeling an apron she had made. I removed the content, descriptions, categories, etc, but it makes you fill in the author's name. I certainly didn't want my name associated with such stupidity, so I put the author down as Princess Consuela Bananahammock (if you're not a fan of Friends, that won't be funny!), and I gave them both a price of $500 (to make sure that someone wouldn't accidentally buy a book with only a cover!). I emailed their tech support what I had done (it's the only way to contact them), and asked them to remove them.

After 24 hours, I checked their website ... nope. After 48 hours, I checked again ... nothing. After 72 hours, I checked yet again ... nada!

I emailed them again, and before I knew it, Boomerang was available ... but not A Summer in Ocracoke. Okay, I'm nothing if not patient.

After 24 hours, I checked their website ... A Summer in Ocracoke was still not available.  After 48 hours, I checked again ... nothing. After 72 hours, I checked yet again ... nada!  And, they still hadn't deleted the "books" by Princess Consuela Bananahammock!

So ... I emailed them again asking to either pull the trigger on A Summer in Ocracoke or inform me if there was a problem ... and to PLEASE delete the two "books" by Princess Consuela Bananahammock!

I checked this evening, and A Summer in Ocracoke is now available on Kobo! Hallelujah!  BUT, so was a "book" by Princess Consuela Bananahammock!! I'm not quite sure what they thought they were selling ... I removed the content, so I can only assume they were selling a picture of an apron my daughter made ... for the low, low price of $500!!

I quickly de-listed the book, so sadly, you can no longer buy a picture of an apron my daughter made that Princess Consuela Bananahammock was selling on Kobo ... but both Boomerang and A Summer in Ocracoke are available!

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! I missed that episode of Friends, but had to be Phoebe who invented the name. Why did you delete the book...Joey would have been glad to pay $500 for anything by Princess BananaHammock.

    ReplyDelete