Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Monday, July 1, 2019

A Star for Davy


When we had the cookout a couple weekends ago, one of my sisters and her son stopped by a few hours before the "party". Neither of them could make it to the cookout, but they wanted to drop off a present for me ... a star named in Davy's memory!

I wanted to do this. I went so far as to put a start in my cart, but didn't check out. I am SO grateful to my sister and her family for doing this for me!

My family has been phenomenal this past year as the girls and I mourned Davy. They worried about us, called, sent small gifts, etc. I am very grateful to have such a caring family ... and I hope I'm the only one who has to lose a child. I wouldn't wish something like that on my worst enemy.

This past year has been a challenge and I think the coming year will be challenging as well, but I'm surrounded by friends and family that are always there for me. Despite the tragedies that have visited us these past few years, I still feel very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment