Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Comfort Food


Every time it snows, I feel compelled to make chicken and dumplings. For some reason, I consider chicken and dumplings to be the ultimate comfort food, which makes no sense at all. I don't recall my mother ever making chicken and dumplings, and until a few years ago, I had never made them, either. Until I started making it, the only chicken and dumplings I recall eating was canned (which is hardly comforting!) ... so I am a bit puzzled as to why it is my go-to comfort food ... but it is! 

I must admit, I do make tasty chicken and dumplings. The kids always salivate when I tell them I've made them, and my boyfriend is always willing to stop by and eat his fair share! I don't think I've ever made them without watching everyone help themselves to seconds. That makes me feel good.

Note the carrots and celery, which I add even though I've never seen a recipe telling me to. Good thing I do, because as we all know, the key to longevity for women is vegetables!

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way...but with chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete