Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!


In honor of Dr. Seuss's 110th birthday, I had green eggs and ham (sausage) for breakfast. It doesn't look very appetizing, but green eggs taste just the same as yellow. As the books says ...
Say!
I like green eggs and ham!
I do!! I like them, Sam-I-am!
And I would eat them in a boat!
And I would eat them with a goat.
And I will eat them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
They are so good, so good, you see!
So I will eat them in a box.
And I will eat them with a fox.
And I will eat them in a house.
And I will eat them with a mouse.
And I will eat them here and there.
Say! I will eat them ANHYWHERE!
I do so like green eggs and ham!
Thank you!
Thank you, Sam-I-am

I've been forcing my children and/or inviting my boyfriend over to eat green eggs and ham every March 2nd for years. If March 2nd fell on a weeknight, we had green eggs and ham for dinner. This year it fell on the weekend, so I had it for breakfast. When the kids were little, Dr. Seuss's birthday and the unappetizing green eggs were a highly anticipated event. Sometimes I even made green milk to match ... that always tickled the kids.

This year none of the kids were home and my boyfriend has a busy day planned, so I feasted on green eggs and ham (sausage) alone. Don't feel too bad for me ... I raised three kids all by myself ... I've waited many, many, many years for the pleasure of being alone.

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss ... and thank you for the many hours of reading pleasure you have given to me and countless others around the globe!

No comments:

Post a Comment