Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, April 1, 2016

April Fool's Day


I've never really been a fan of practical jokes. A lot of them seem mean ... not funny. There are several shows on television about practical jokes. The kids think they're funny, but I struggle to see the humor. Silly practical jokes are okay, but the ones where they make someone think something bad is about to happen or has just occurred, that's not funny.

I'm sure I've pranked the kids over the years, but that would be the exception, not the rule ... and I can't think of any I pulled. This morning on the news, they showed some "cute" pranks to play on kids. One was to scrape the creme from the inside of an Oreo and replace it with white toothpaste. Another was to prepare their favorite bowl of cereal the night before, then put it in the freezer so that it looked like a regular bowl of cereal, but it was frozen solid.

If my mom had given me Oreo's with toothpaste instead of creme, I would have cried! It's just plain mean to offer a kid a treat that's inedible ... and ruin perfectly good cookies in the process. The cereal trick would be the only one of those two I would be even consider trying, but I can't see myself doing that, either ... even on April Fool's Day.

For those of you who enjoy pranks, I hope you get fooled good today. And for those of you, like myself, who think pranks are mean ... I hope you make it through the day joke/prank free!

No comments:

Post a Comment