Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Free Tech Support FOR Insight/Time Warner


I flipped over to the Community Billboard channel and was greeted with the above screen. This is not the first time I've seen the 'locked screen' on this channel, so I've decided to give Insight/Time Warner some free tech support to resolve this recurring issue:
  1. Have an administrator or Jason King login to this computer.
  2. Once the desktop comes up, open the control panel. (To do this, hit the "Start" button, and navigate to the "Control Panel" button.)
  3. Select "Power Options"
  4. Select "Change Plan Setting"
  5. Change "Turn off the display" and "Put the computer to sleep" from their current setting to "Never" under "Plugged in".
  6. Select "Save changes" and close the Control Panel.
  7. Upgrade this computer to Windows 7. (Microsoft no longer supports XP).
You're welcome!

Now, if Insight/Time Warner, which prides itself on being a technically savvy conglomerate would like to reward me for this random act of kindness, I'm willing to accept free cable and internet for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment