Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Ocracoke After Hurricane Matthew

Photo courtesy of Allan Casavant
via villagecraftsmen.blogspot.com
Above is a picture near the Ocracoke Lighthouse after Hurricane Matthew.
Below is a photo I took when the kids and I visited the island.


The folks who call this tiny island home have a lot of cleaning up to do. There is a high water mark sign on the steps of the Village Craftsmen, but from the pictures I've seen, Matthew likely surpassed them all.


I really need to spend another week (or longer!) on Ocracoke Island. There is no place more relaxing in the entire world. Seven straight days on this little piece of paradise cleanses your soul, and once you step foot on this tiny island, you will spend the rest of your days longing to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment