Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Thursday, November 15, 2018

"Shrine"

Every day since Davy's funeral, the funeral home has been sending an email intended to help process grief. Several of them have mentioned creating a "shrine". I did so, unintentionally, before I got any emails dealing with that subject.

I say "unintentionally", because I sat the picture of Davy on this table when I brought it home after his funeral. I sat the urn and the small decanter of rocks on the shelf. When my sister sent the book to me, I put it next to his picture. Little by little, it became a "shrine", but I never thought about that when I was putting things on that table.

Below is a picture of my "Davy Table". You'll probably need to click on the image to enlarge it to read what each item is (I noted it on the photo) ... or ... you could scroll down and read about each of the items.

Isn't it funny how the tiniest of things take on so much meaning, like the rocks, when those things are all you have left?

I bought this for Davy last year. I told him to keep it in his pocket. He didn't, but he did keep it in a safe place, and I was lucky enough to get it back after he died.
Davy dug through the sand at preschool every day to find rocks to give to me when I picked him up. The week after he died, I found tiny rocks on my living room floor. I had never found any rocks before or since that week.
This is Davy's 7th grade picture. It's one of my favorites. I like it so much because it's the last school picture where he had that innocent, little boy look.
One of my sisters folded the pages of a book into Davy's name. She sent one to me and both of my daughters. I don't know how long it took, but I do know every fold was carefully and painfully made. The girls and I treasure our books.

Davy bought this for me for Christmas when he was four years old. I've had it on display in one place or another ever since. I love this statue. How many times did I told my sweet baby boy like this? The flowers are from his funeral. I just left them be and let them dry.
A small urn with Davy's ashes and a lock of his hair. It's just the right size to hold in my hand when I need to feel closer to my son.

I've posted this before ... as soon as I saw it, I knew this is exactly what Davy would have done when he met Jesus in heaven.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYE OUT
FOR THE CAR THAT KILLED MY SON!

Even if you don't live in the Evansville area, please keep an eye out for this car. It was traveling South on I-69. It could have been coming from and going to anywhere. The Sheriff's office will follow up any ANY lead.

The Sheriff’s Office has identified the make and model of the suspect vehicle from the fatal hit and run crash that killed 23-year old David “Davy” Egan, father of two, on Friday, June 22, 2018 on I-69 near south Green River Road.
SUSPECT VEHICLE: Silver 1998-2002 Honda Accord sedan. 2-door or 4-door body style. The vehicle will have damage to the front end.

If you know of a vehicle matching this description, please contact the Sheriff's Office TIP line at 812-421-6297 or leave a web tip here.


No comments:

Post a Comment