Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, November 24, 2017

My Thanksgiving Ham


For years, I always made the traditional turkey for Thanksgiving. The kids complained every single year ... "Why can't we have ham? We hate turkey!"

I don't know why, but I kept making turkey, then last year I asked myself "Why AM I making a turkey?!!" So ... I made a ham. It turned out wonderfully and everyone was a lot happier, so ham is our new Thanksgiving tradition. My son and his two little ones weren't there, which was sad, but we had a nice time anyway. I only have a few pics, but they good ... and packed with memories.

Thing 2 and my newest grandbaby.
My youngest sister and I.
Thing 2, Thing 1 (and my grandson under the blanket, eating his dinner), myself, and my sister.
Thing 2 and Thing 1 (and my grandson under the blanket).

Things 1 and 2 ... my girlies :)
Like every year, we had more than one Thanksgiving dinner to attend. I'll share the pics from our second Thanksgiving dinner some other time.

Today, I'm watching two grandbabies while their mom shops Black Friday deals. I'll get more time with them today than I would have if I'd have had them yesterday. Today, I don't have to cook. I won't be preoccupied in the kitchen. Today is all about the babies, not the food!

Today is going to be a good day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment