Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Christmas Mouse Family

The mouse family at my current home (above).
(Click on image to enlarge.)
The mouse family at my previous home (below).

One of my sisters gave me this mouse family when my kids were very young. I've had it for at least 20 years, and I've set it out every year since. Soon after I got my Christmas Mouse family, I found some bulbs at Kuesters hardware that flicker in warm tones, mimicking a real flame ... well, as realistic as a 1990's era flickering bulb can be anyway!

So, instead of using a "white" nightlight bulb, I've always used a flickering bulb. Fearing these bulbs were a novelty I wouldn't be able to find again, I bought every bulb Kuesters had. It was wise for me to buy their entire flickering bulb inventory, because I haven't seen them since. I'm sure they're still manufactured and can be purchased, but I've never seen them around here.

The above bulb is my last one. I'll do a quick the internet search for another source so that I can stock up again ... because once your Christmas Mouse family has a "real" flaming fireplace, there's no going back to a generic white bulb.

1 comment:

  1. You would! I'm sure you can buy them in bulk on Amazon:)

    ReplyDelete