Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Cakes and Cupcakes

This was my second attempt at a cake topper.
The first attempt was atrocious, but I was pleased with this one.
The cupcakes and cake topper.
I think they look very pretty.

Each flavor of cupcake had a different color flower ... all painted by hand. I could have colored the fondant and saved a lot of work, but once you color fondant, you can't uncolor it, and I didn't want to run out of fondant in the middle of the project. Painting them by hand gave the flowers more depth, too, so even though it was a lot of work, I think it was worth it!

The bride and groom, eating one of the snickerdoodle cupcakes.
Me, posing by the cake and cupcakes.
I think everything turned out quite lovely.
I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist, and am hypercritical of myself and my efforts, I probably did a lot of unnecessary stressing, but I wanted everything to be perfect, and it was pretty close! My kids rolled their eyes at all my spreadsheets and diagrams and obsessive labeling of boxes, but I think the results speak for themselves ... and prove that being a nerd pays off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment