Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Thursday, October 9, 2014

What Do Sandpaper and Fondant Have in Common?


Several years ago I purchased a coffee table for the family room. I thought it was the exact same color as my existing side tables, but it wasn't ... so I sanded it down and stained it the same shade. It looked so good that I decided to sand a few other pieces of furniture, and they all turned out really nice, too. I was on a roll when I walked into the kitchen and decided to sand my kitchen table down to bare wood and stain it. The tabletop wasn't so bad, but sanding the carved legs was torturous. Not far into this project, I realized I was really sick sanding and staining ... but I was too far into it to stop. I told the kids to have me committed if they ever saw me with sandpaper in my hand ever again!

After spending the past two days making several hundred cupcake toppers and a 3-layer cake for the top tier of my daughter's cupcake display at the reception ... I realized today that I feel the same way about fondant! I'm not quite done with the cake, but I'm close. I'll finish tomorrow ...and I hope I don't see fondant again for a really, really, really long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment