Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Thursday, December 11, 2014

I Think I Know How I Got Strep

Thing 2 bought me a Donut Bank hope-you-feel-better-soon
iced cookie. I love these cookies!!
I cleaned the basement Sunday evening. My basement is more of a dungeon than basement, and is strictly used for storage. By the time I was done, my throat was on fire and I was really achy. I attributed it to the dust and allergies, knowing I'd feel better in the morning.

I took some ibuprofen went to bed early, but I woke up every few hours and it felt like I had swallowed lye. I went to the doctor and was told I have strep throat, which surprised me.  I don't know anyone with strep, I haven't been around school children, and I'm a real germaphobe! I don't touch banisters when I walk up and down the steps ... anywhere. I use my own pen when I need to sign paper receipts. I press elevator buttons with my knuckle, not my fingertips, and I flush the toilet with my foot, regardless of how I have to contort my body to accomplish this. I guess I could have touched a door handle someone with strep touched ... or more likely ... I wrote with an electronic pen when checking out someplace. I need to look into buying one of those pens so that I don't have to use a store pen when signing for purchases.

Thing 2 knew I was feeling bad and bought me a cookie, which I promptly ate ... I couldn't even wait to take a picture of it before I took a bite! I'd have to be pretty sick to pass up a cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment