Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Summer in Ocracoke is moving to Round Two in the ABNA Contest!!!

I checked the Amazon ABNA page when I woke up this morning.  The results weren't posted yet, so I got ready for work.  I had a pretty busy day planned, but I checked the website one more time before I had to leave my desk and get busy.

It was just after 8:00 a.m. Central Time.  The results were posted.  My heart was pounding.  I wanted to make it to Round Two!

With much trepidation, I clicked on the link for "Romance".  They were in alphabetical order ... by first name.  I scrolled slowly until it hit the J's ... and my name was there!!!!  I was so excited!  I started screaming to my co-worker ... who knew I had entered and was excited for me, but nearly as excited as I was!  I took a few deep breath ... more like huge sighs of relief ... and then sent a test to a few people who were as anxious to know the results as I was.  I wanted to hug someone, but there was no one to hug!!

After I found that typo, I really didn't think I would make it past the first round, so I was elated to see my name on that list!

Now I wait until March 12th, when the Quarter-Finalists are revealed.  I know I am incapable of being unbiased about my own work, but I really do think this novel has an exceptional beginning, which is what will propel me to the Quarter-Finals.

So once again ... I wait ... but with much more hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment