Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Spring Break is a Washout

The radar has looked like this pretty much all week. We'll get a brief respite from the rain tomorrow, but it will be back Friday. I had hoped to spend this week cutting the grass, clearing leaves from flowerbeds, burning out stumps, and marking off the area for the swingset. It's been warm enough to work outside, it's just been too wet!

There is at least one project I can do tomorrow, and the wet, soggy ground will only make it easier, but all of the other projects will have to wait until the rain abates.

But, there are signs of spring everywhere. The flowering trees are all beginning to bloom or are already in full bloom, and my forsythia bush is covered in pretty yellow flowers.

Two branches are overachieving a bit, but I can take care of that with two snips of the clippers!


I have two Chinese plum trees in bloom ...



My pear tree is just starting to bud ...


My red spider lily has been up for a while ...


The daylily's are coming up ...


As are the hydrangea's ...


The hosta's and rabbits ears are coming up ...



The coral bells look pretty already ...


The moss between the bricks on the patio has made it's appearance ... as well as the weeds in the driveway. But a jug of groundclear will take care of that ... if it ever quits raining!!



But the grass is greening up nicely!!


Raining or sunny, I don't care ... BECAUSE IT'S SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: