Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Davy's Son Turns Three Today

Davy died about a month before his daughter turned two, and now he's missing his son's birthday as well. It doesn't seem possible that he's gone. I still find myself reaching for my phone to call or text him. We try to keep his memory alive for the babies, but they will only remember the stories they've been told, and the pictures and videos they've seen. They will have no real memories of their father ... and I find that so profoundly sad.

Davy's birthday started off the "Birthday Season", so all of us will spend our birthday's without Davy ... but his kid's birthdays are the hardest for me.


Davy could get his little boy giggling like no one else ...


He loved his Daddy ... and his Daddy loved him ...




The Sheriff's Office still has not located the car or driver that killed Davy. According to their report, the two drivers who did stop were from Kentucky. There is no telling where the person who did this was coming from or going to. As time goes by, I find myself losing hope that they will ever be found, but I will never give up hope entirely. 

Whoever did this will have to answer for it one day ... on earth or in heaven ... but I hope it's here on earth. I want to look then in the eye and ask why they didn't stop. Even if they have a long history of drunk driving or drug convictions, they'll likely only get a slap on the wrists. There is no way of proving they were high or drunk when this happened. There will be no way to search the car to discover an open container of booze or drugs or a felon with a gun ... yet they still won't come forward.

I just want to know who did it and why they didn't stop. 

PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYE OUT
FOR THE CAR THAT KILLED MY SON!
Even if you don't live in the Evansville area, please keep an eye out for this car. It was traveling South on I-69. It could have been coming from and going to anywhere. The Sheriff's office will follow up any ANY lead.

The Sheriff’s Office has identified the make and model of the suspect vehicle from the fatal hit and run crash that killed 23-year old David “Davy” Egan, father of two, on Friday, June 22, 2018 on I-69 near south Green River Road.
SUSPECT VEHICLE: Silver 1998-2002 Honda Accord sedan. 2-door or 4-door body style. The vehicle will have damage to the front end.

If you know of a vehicle matching this description, please contact the Sheriff's Office TIP line at 812-421-6297 or leave a web tip here.

No comments:

Post a Comment