Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

My Heart is so Heavy

Mason Bogard was taken to surgery yesterday at 4:30pm to harvest his organs for donation. I've seen video's on YouTube of Honor Walks, where family friends, and hospital staff line the hallway as the donor is wheeled to the surgical room. It is gut-wrenching. I cannot imagine what Joann, and her family were going through. It had to seem like the longest walk in the world. Oh, how I hurt for his family!

I wanted to go and be part of his Honor Walk, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. The death of my son is too recent to go through something like that. I did pause at 4:00, when the Honor Walk began, and said a prayer for his family, and I continued prayed throughout the evening.

Even is you don't know this family, pray for them. They are in agony and they need our prayers to carry them through the next few months in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment