Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, February 21, 2014

Last Night's Storm

We didn't get the severe storms the experts predicted, but severe weather wasn't too far away. We did, however, get a lot of strong winds. We lost power around 7:15 p.m. ... right in the middle of the only show I watch on television ... Big Bang Theory!

The kids and I got out flashlights and candles and hoped the power would be restored soon. The alarm system has a backup battery, so that was good! The kids don't remember a time when we didn't have an alarm on the house, and sleeping without the alarm set was discomforting! But, it was working, so we were all happy.

The power came back on around 9:30, but by then I was too tired to do all the things I had planned to accomplish before going to bed. I got up early and checked off all the things on my to-do list.

I watched the news this morning and was happy to hear that the storm, while powerful, didn't leave a path of death and destruction in it's wake. This is the first of many storms we'll see this year. I hope we're as lucky all the other times as we have been in the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment