Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Monday, February 24, 2014

Sick Kids

When I left town for the writer's retreat, I had one "kid" with the stomach virus that's going around ... fever, vomiting, etc. This morning I woke up to one of the kids sleeping in the bathroom, courtesy of the same virus. Fortunately my kids are all big enough to make it to the bathroom when an emergency hits, and they are old enough that they can clean up any mess they make if they don't ... not that they actually would, but they are definitely capable of doing so!

I had a stomach virus a few weeks back, but nothing like these two have/had. I'm hoping it's the same virus and I'm immune, but I'm not a very lucky person, so I'm not counting on it. I have one child yet to come down with it, and I'm hoping the two of us will be lucky enough not to catch it. But, this isn't a Disney movie ... and dreams don't always come true ... so I'll just wash my hands as obsessively as someone in desperate need of OCD medicine and surround myself in a Lysol bubble.

I hope this Monday morning finds you and your family healthy and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment