Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fourth of July Fireworks


On our way home from dinner in Owensboro, as we were headed towards the downtown area on Waterworks Road, we could see people setting off fireworks all over Evansville, just above the treeline. I didn't get any pictures of that, and I wish I had ... it was really cool.

The fireworks at the riverfront in Evansville started just before we hit the downtown area, so we slowly meandered through through streets, stopping a few times to take pictures. I used to bring the kids downtown for the fireworks every year when they were growing up. Every Fourth of July, we'd spend the day swimming, then clean up and go to the fireworks in the evening. 

I always brought a boatload of sparklers for the kids to do while we waited for the traffic to clear. I also brought a bucket and filled it with water for the kids to drop the sparklers into when they were spent. My dad would have been proud of me for that!













No comments:

Post a Comment