Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Monday, April 4, 2016

A Pileated Woodpecker Visited Me



I looked out my bedroom window and saw a woodpecker, working on a tree. My windows were closed, and they filter sound very well, so I didn't hear it. Had I not looked out my window, I would never have know it was there. I called out to Thing 2 to come see it, and we watched it quite a while,.

Pileated Woodpeckers are the largest species of woodpeckers. They're fascinating to watch. I'd love to know how they can bang their heads against a tree that hard and not get a headache!

I was videoing the bird when Thing 2 came back in, talking. I stopped that video and started another (below). If you listen very closely, you can hear her fiance belch far off in the background around the 10 second mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment