Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

My New, Most Treasured Possession ...

At 38" tall x 36" wide, it's much bigger than I expected, but I don't care. I can hang it where I planned, replacing the current picture above Davy's shrine. I moved the shelf down last night, and glued a mirror to the back of the print. The painting is currently on my living room floor with weights on it, waiting for the epoxy to set. Once I get it hung, it will look like it was meant to be there all along.

I'm still in shock that Ben gave me this incredibly thoughtful gift, painted from his heart to honor the memory of his childhood friend.

The painting.
The original photo.
Ben, the artist of this amazing painting, was there when we planted Davy's memorial Dogwood, and Davy's shrine, above which the painting will hang.

Davy and Ben in the tree house as kids. They were ALWAYS together playing.


No comments:

Post a Comment