Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Butterfly Sandwiches

My oldest daughter came the other night with her future sister-in-law, who is only four years old ... and she's absolutely adorable!! She is one of the sweetest, most polite little kids I have ever had the pleasure to be around. I asked her if she wanted a grilled cheese sandwich, and she said yes.

When my kids were little, I would cut their sandwiches on the diagonal and lay the points together, and they were butterflies. While I was making the sandwich the other night, I told her I'd make her a butterfly sandwich, that my kids loved butterfly sandwiches when they were little. (Actually, they still ask me for them!)

She politely replied, "I just want cheese on it."

I could tell she was still nervous about eating butterflies, even after my assurances that the sandwich didn't really have butterflies in it, and she was delighted when I presented her with her Butterfly Sandwich and realized it truly did not contain actual butterflies!


Below is a Butterfly Sandwich I made my son years ago (we take lots of weird pictures at my house!). Click on the image to enlarge it ... there's a face on the pickle!



No comments:

Post a Comment