Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Monday, January 6, 2014

Current Conditions ... -2º, WInd Chill of -22º

We got less than 1" of snow, but the news said the roads are icy. Our roads were pre-treated before the storm, but the rain washed most, if not all, of it away.

My new furnace is running efficiently, and I have my fireplace and electric blanket on, so I'm quite toasty! I made a super-tasty meat and potatoes casserole last night, and have plenty of other comfort food I can make. I don't have to work today, so I should stay warm and cozy with a happy, full belly.

I feel for those in the north and those around here who have to get out in this today. I am soooo grateful work is closed!! Just walking to my car sounds painful!

I was watching the news about some big football game up north (I think in Wisconsin), where the wind chill was something like -40º, and people were lining up to get in. It is inconceivable to me that they would even have a game under those conditions ... and I simply cannot fathom wanting to watch complete strangers play a game so badly that I would put my life in danger.

The good news is that it's supposed to be in the 50's next weekend ... as if I need another reason to look forward to the weekends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment