Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Olivia ... The Lazy Cat!

This is my middle daughter's cat, Olivia. She looks nice enough, and for the most part, she is a sweet kitty cat ... but she's also very vengeful. When she wakes up in the middle of the night and decides she wants to be loved on or she wants to play, she'll try to wake my daughter up. My daughter does not want to get up and play or love on a cat at 3:00 in the morning, so she pushes Olivia away.

Olivia does not like it when her needs are not met.

So what does Olivia do? She walks around my daughter's room, knocking things off and generally make a mess of things. She'll knock over glasses, breaking the glass and spilling whatever was in them, she'll knock over trophies and picture frames, jewelry, and basically anything she's strong enough to move, dig up plants, etc.

So what does my daughter do? After she yells at Olivia to stop (which never works), she'll pick up Olivia, toss her into the hall, and shuts her bedroom door.

So what does Olivia do? She stands outside my daughter's bedroom door, "singing the song of her people". When she gets no response, she heads to my room ... where the door is always shut to keep her out ... and cries some more. When that doesn't work (and it never has), she wanders off and finds a place to sleep.

I guess my daughter felt guilty after finding Olivia curled up in a little ball wherever she could find a scrap of fabric big enough to hold her enormous rear, so she put Olivia's bed in the bathroom.

I took this picture of Olivia yesterday afternoon, and that's exactly where she was yesterday morning, and the day before that, and the day before that ... and it's exactly where she was when I went to bed last night and when I got up this morning! I have not seen this cat anywhere except in this bed for four days now! I know she's alive because her eyes are open, and even when they're not, she's usually in a new position every time I enter the upstairs hall bath ... but I haven't seen her outside of her bed in days. I guess she eats in the middle of the night (when she's not outside our bedroom doors serenading us) because we keep filling up her food bowl and it keeps disappearing.

They say cats sleep 13-18 hours a day, but Olivia is an over-achiever ... that lazy cat sleeps closer to 23 hours a day. Olivia is truly the laziest cat I have ever seen! I wonder if Guinness has a record for the most hours slept by a cat?

No comments:

Post a Comment