Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Simple, Indulgent, Long-Forgotten Pleasures

I have rediscovered the joy of baths.

After many years of rocking babies and chasing after little kids, then rushing around from school to friends to some-kind-of-sports-practice ... they're all grown up now. And even though they haven't all left the nest, they no longer need guarding. Well, I would still guard them if I could, but they won't let me tag along on their dates anymore! Without children to hover over, I have my life back, and with that freedom comes simple, indulgent, long-forgotten pleasures  :)

In the evenings, when the house is quiet and bedtime nears, I turn on soft music, light some candles, pour a glass of wine  ... or sometimes Ski ... or milk (I'm kind of weird!) ... and soak in a deep, antique claw-foot tub full of scented bubbles or calming bath salts ... and ....

Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment