Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Cookout and Bonfire


We had a cookout and bonfire at Superman's last night. His daughters, son-in-laws, and grandkids all came. All my kids and their significant other's came, too ... except Thing 2's fiance, who had to work (sad face). The food was delicious and plentiful, the laughter abundant ... and what evening around the fire is complete without smores?

It was a perfect night for a bonfire and spending time with family. The rain cut the festivities short, but it held off until late, so there was plenty of time for fun ... and it was so much fun! The little kids ran and played and giggled and wore themselves out. I love watching them play ... but even more than that, I love the look of adoration on Superman's face as he watches them. One of the things that made me fall in love with this amazing man is how much he loves and treasures his daughter's ... but those little grandkids of his make his heart burst with joy.

I didn't start taking pictures until after it got dark. By that time, Superman's kids had all gone home, so I missed my opportunity to get pictures of everyone. (Note to Self: Next time, start taking pictures earlier.) It was such a nice evening. These are the moments I'll treasure forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment