Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Daylight Savings Ends Tonight

Every year around this time, and then again in the spring, news anchors and journalists write or recite ideas for how to minimize the trauma of gaining or losing one hour. Even as a child, I never understood this. It's ONE HOUR! This isn't jet lag from flying halfway around the world, nor are we transported back to a time when there is no electricity.

I've always loved the extra hour of sleep in the fall. I hate that it gets dark so early, but I love that one lovely, blessed hour longer in bed! When the kids were little, my entire "preparation" for the time change in the fall was that I would tell them it would be dark when Mommy picked them up so that they didn't think I'd forgotten about them when I didn't pick them up until long after the sun set. And in the spring, when we set the clocks an hour ahead? I don't like that I lose an hour of sleep ... but that's a small price to pay for more daylight ... and it's only ONE HOUR ... on ONE day!

If you are wound so tight that you can't adjust to gaining or losing one hour, then you've really got bigger problems than the time change.

No comments:

Post a Comment